Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I'm totally surprised.......Dano Mini Effects.  (Read 6376 times)
SalesAss
Super Duper Mega Rock Star Type Person and Defender of Mulletude.
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 25, 2011, 04:35:36 AM »

Heck,  these things have been on the market for what seems like 10 years... the little Danelectro mini effects that are named after Diner food.   First off,  the names are stupid.   Second, they actually sound pretty good.   I got a Flanger pedal called Hash Browns...   It's quiet and sounds good.   It's a bargain.   Durability is so so,  but even if I break the housing,  the circuit will easily transfer to a heavy aluminum project box.    I stand a little stunned that these things sound and work as well as they do.

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 06:07:31 PM »

Yeah... For the 1 or 2 use items, 20-30$ isn't bad.   If it's a critical effect that I really want to use all the time, I'd go to something nicer.

For a rookie, or a basement warrior, it solves the problem.   I was expecting much more noise and weirdness.  These things are actually pretty quiet.

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 03:06:01 AM »

Since I wrote this,  I've ended up with two more of the Dano minis...  The T-bone (Distortion)  and the Pepperoni (Phaser).....Both are quite sufficient...  I just played a very important set with the T-bone as my main distortion..  it sounded good, and both the sound tech, and two of the other musicians commented on the overall sound of the guitar.   I'd say for the sub 50$ genre, Dano hit a home run,  but I'm guilty of being the guy who poo-poos cheap gear..  With more life expenses, I'm learning to like it more.

DeadKoby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 05:35:38 AM »

Dano FX can be docked for durability over sound most of the time... the metal case models are winners.  Their guitars..... oh boy... ya love them or hate them.   
DeadKoby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 05:26:11 AM »

Timmy?   not familiar with that one...  enlighten me please.
SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 05:18:32 AM »

I've got some Dano's...  they aren't bad at all.  Many of them sound as good as their pricier competition..   BUT the shell/encasements aren't so tough.   May be a good DIY project if you break one to move the board to an aluminum HD enclosure.

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: