Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Welcome To Guitar Center Sucks!  (Read 34181 times)
SalesAss
Super Duper Mega Rock Star Type Person and Defender of Mulletude.
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 20, 2011, 05:28:33 AM »

Ok.  So this site went away, and now it's back.   It's just a message board, and I'm in charge.

I hate Guitar Center.  I don't shop there anymore.  I was an idiot to try and shop there.  It's that bad.  If any of you have a good independent music store near you,  you know what I am talking about.   There's no comparison.  Please feel free to tell us about your favorite stores.

My Bio.....
I'm a person, I live in a house, I don't like guitar center.  I play music on instruments.  I now run this site.  I do not want to be bothered with the site's history, since it's all new now.  If you want to be my friend and help with the board, you can ask....  The End.   

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
terror
Always Right, Never Wrong.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:03:15 AM »

So far so good, looks like!

Don't hurt 'em Terror....they're so small and you're so big...
SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 05:52:55 AM »

Thank you... we have all the modern conveniences like Video embed...   so all is well.   As always,  support your better music stores!

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
SlayerofHaters

Corporate Monkey

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 04:12:47 AM »

I pulled in 40k last year being a salesman at Guitar Center.

As I've said before,...

Your forum is very amusing. It's lack of followers and popularity shows it's uselessness.

Not to mention the millions of people that think otherwise.

You, sad, poor, man.

Take care,

You'll find a real hobby some day.
SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 05:46:22 AM »

Well Slayer... hope you have fun here.   This site is in it's infancy,  having only been live again for a few months, I'd say we're doing ok.   This site has about a 5 year history and 4 different managers.   I'm the new kid,  and I brought the site back after it was asleep for 2 years.

gctruth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 06:10:17 AM »

The Truth is back.  I've been sitting back quietly enjoying some of the posts, and thanks to the new mgr for taking care of everything.  I wasn't going to reregister, but just read a comment by a newbie, that unfortunatley, fell under the drinking too much Kool Aid not using my brain catagory.  So ..... Slayer of Haters, I have a few questions/responses for you, however you want to take it.  

Ready???    

I pulled in 40k last year being a salesman at Guitar Center.  

Q.  Would you consider that in the upper percentile of GC salespeople last year?  If yes, than what do you think the avg GC salesperson made last year, or for that matter, is currently making.   No one's doubting your a good salesperson, obviously you are very proud of your wages last year, and right fully so, i'm sure you sold a tremendous amount of people gear with a hi profit margin first, and to suit their needs second.  But what did the avg GC salesperson pull in last year, and are you on  1 1/2 and 8 like most salespeople, because if you do the math in order to make $40,000 at 1 1/2 and 8, you would have been the number one salesperson in the company.  Were you?  

Your forum is very amusing.  It's lack of followers and popularity shows it's uselessness  

A.  (won't even ask a question on this one)  It was the CEO Marty Alberston whom at a mgrs meeting encouraged all of his store managers to participate on this forum.  In fact Marty himself, has been on the site many times, and, if you looked beyond your 40,000 wages last year, you would see that any company, including GC finds value in knowing what comments the public are making regarding their company, good and bad, so they can learn from it.  It's intresting you just find it amusing, because you are probably one of the few in GC that do, most of the mgmt take it pretty serious and try to contribute positivley within this forum.  

Not to mention the millions of people that think otherwise.  

A.  You really need to do your homework and research.  There are studies out there, check with your mgmt team that will tell you the majority of your customers do not enjoy shopping with you.  That is a fact, not opinion.  In fact, most people feel they are forced to shop with you, and wish they really had other places to go.  Parents are not comfortable taking their kids their, do not like the environment, and sales staff for the most part, and musicians, in most surveys will tell you they hate going there, because they can either a) not get any help .... or b) find someone to pushy and arrogant that they don't want to shop there.  Don't believe me, check with your mgmt team and ask them, the millions of people you think, think otherwise, actually think otherwise.  Ironic isn't it?  

You sad, poor, man.  

a.  Really just speaks to your maturity, but if you think $40,000 a year is a good living, and I'm guessing that was pre tax, then unfortunatley your the one that's going to end up a sad, poor, man.   Always time to change though! Grin

Take care - you too.  

You'll find a real hobby some day.  

bad news slayer, this is real, maybe more real than you want to get, so be careful.  And last I checked this is still the US and it's forums like this, where people can express there true feelings, that are a part of what makes this great.  Congrats on a great year last year, but lay off the Kool Aid, and look outside of the box, and maybe you can turn that passion into something that will actually make your company a better place to work for everybody ..... but try it and watch the push back you get, you'll find it intresting.  

Sincerley Good Luck, - GCTRUTH
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:15:35 AM by gctruth » Logged
SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 06:33:12 AM »

Welcome back GCT.....  hopefully our forum will have a nice healthy run this go-round.   It's a bothersome amount of work to run a site like this,  and previously, there have been issues with overcrowding, undermanagement, and even copycat sites.   All this proves that we have a viable web site.   Hopefully we'll be able to find a fun way to drum up funding to keep things rolling long term.

One idea we had was to record and release a comedy album to support the site.   I'm sure the lion share of our visitors are musicians, and would likely have an amusing time composing and recording a song to donate to the album.   It would then be sold online as a download or mail-order CD.   It's just a thought,  but provided that we have support,  it would be a lively project.   

gctruth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 06:43:50 AM »

That is a great idea.  With Facebook and Youtube being what they are, I don't think you would have any problem getting submissions.   And a good song about GC sucking would definatley get alot of downloads off of Itunes and would actually make some $$$ for the songwriter/band.  I know there are some on YouTube now already with alot of hits.  Heck, your avg GC employee would buy it.  Let me know what I can do to help, if you need it. 
SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 06:55:32 AM »

One of this site's former ops runs an indie label /w/ a studio..... so that's covered.     F%*$& Guitar Center is a great song... you can find the video in the jokes/humor section.

SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 08:01:41 AM »

I just put in a software update to the board...  if you see anything stupid happening,  let me know.

buster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 06:35:59 PM »

Remember Guitar center and Musicians friend are one in the same!!!!!
LesPaulsGhost

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »

The Guitar Center where I live really sucks. Most are early 20's inexperienced guitar players of moderate ability.  None are familiar with amps. I recently brought in a Carvin XV-112E and they had never heard of it. Needless to say I left.  I do buy strings there since it's the only music store in town.  I would never buy a guitar or amp there. 
spacey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 03:10:56 AM »

Ah my dragonburst carvin dc400 w the floyd rose and locking nut and black hardware is here for a measly 1600 bucks w case same price as a lousy playing never in tune strat from guitar center
SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 12:31:39 AM »

Carvin stuff isn't anything to frown upon.  Generally very solid stuff.

kmb8488

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 10:21:01 PM »

I was fairly indifferent toward Guitar Center until recently. I didn't like them, but I didn't necessarily despise them, either. I thought the majority of their employees were super-jagbags, and I came very, very, very close to actually going to blows with a guitar sales associate at the Naperville, Ill, store location in July 2005 (awesome story; I'll tell it at some point). Still, if I needed something in a pinch, I'd bite the bullet and shop there. Proud of it? Not at all. Oh well.

Fast forward to the Friday before Labor Day Weekend, when I decided to order an Orange Rockerverb 100 and PPC212 cabinet from Guitar Center. I traded in some gear (another kinda dumb move on my part, but I just wanted to get the Orange price down), and scored an additional 15 percent off the purchase. Not bad. And then it arrived at my house the following Wednesday.

The Rockerverb 100 was in perfect condition, but the 212 cabinet had a nice thumb-shaped dent up near the front-facing top joint. It was initially hard to identify due to the Orange's tolex, but it was definitely there (as was a smaller dent farther down the left side of the joint). So, I did what any self-respecting purchaser would do: took the cab back and asked for GC to ship me a new one. They took the first cab and shipped me its replacement. I asked them to double box the order, and the guy looked at me like I was a leper. "Distribution won't allow us to do that." Yeah, OK.

I received the replacement cab yesterday afternoon, and I didn't even have to take this one out of the box to see that it had a big 'ol scuff in the tolex on the rear-facing top joint. I said, "F this," put the cab and head in my car, and then headed down to Guitar Center to return (not exchange) the items. The guy who worked the front door was really kind, but the dude who handled the second cab order for me acted like a complete wiener when he saw me bring in the head and cab. They had placed the first Orange cab in their front "showroom" (where the lighting basically hides any imperfection on the gear placed in the room), and he said he didn't understand why I had returned the first one, as it "was completely fine." I pointed to the big dent and then asked how much GC was selling the cab for. "Whatever the cab costs new," he said. I promptly told him he's a bottom-feeding scumbag.

So I get my refunds and the check for the gear I initially sold them, and wiener boy comes up to me and says, "Hey, last chance. We'll give you that first cab. Its condition is about as good as you're going to get during a shipment." I just laughed and then left the store. I will never again buy from Guitar Center. That place sucks.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:23:52 PM by kmb8488 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print

Jump to: