Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Guitar Pickups..... specifically Gibson, but not necessarily  (Read 3720 times)
SalesAss
Super Duper Mega Rock Star Type Person and Defender of Mulletude.
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: October 19, 2011, 04:38:13 PM »

A friend and I were discussing guitars,  and the question arose about how much if any do the covers effect pickup performance, and what kind of an effect do they have?

I've owned both types,  but not at the same time,  so I can't side by side compare them. I'd rather not trust my memory from 5 years ago.  I'm sure the pickups were different models too. I thought someone may have some insight.  We were talking Gibson,  but I'm sure that that's not the only pickup that qualifies in this topic.

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
terror
Always Right, Never Wrong.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 05:31:57 PM »

On Gibson pickups, the polepieces are exposed, so the important part is not actually covered. 

Don't hurt 'em Terror....they're so small and you're so big...
SalesAss
Super Duper Mega Rock Star Type Person and Defender of Mulletude.
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 07:32:26 PM »

I didn't think it would make much of a difference.....   There's lots of stories in the audio community that argue, "sound is in your mind"... I think this is one of the cases.   There may be minor changes on an O-Scope,  but I don't think much.

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: