Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I Will never Spend $$ in Guitar Center  (Read 35432 times)
GTRCNTRVICTIM

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2012, 05:23:55 PM »

There is an unscrupulous entity in this country. they prey on musicians. its called guitar center... and come to find out... Musicians Friend are the all Under the Same roof... and the story that follows is exactly why they will NEVER see a dime from me.

so an online purchase was made September 18th, 2012
few days later Item was originally to be exchanged. not refunded... merely exchanged.

Advised by online Customer Support to - Return to local GC store exchange there.

Local GC manager - gives guitar the once over. takes guitar into room by himself with 2 other employees. returns 10 minute later.
"we cant take this guitar.. it looks used."

I've seen this happen to other people. I've heard these exact words. Precisely the same words come out of another managers mouth regarding returns.

Hourly employee also tells me words to the affect "my manager never takes anything back it makes so much trouble for him and the other managers."
he hands me the guitar back and smiles. rather than argue. I can't believe this. Stunned. I opt to just send back to Kansas City Distro Cntr.

Local GC mngr says... "heres a rtn authorization #. I let them know it was coming."

-this raises so many red flags... but i say nothing.

I call 866 customer #. call cntr rep tells me when she looks up my account that RTN authorization was set up by local GC mngr. says in her notes that guitar is badly damaged.

-oh jezuz... uh man... The local manager set me up.... I can't believe this.

so i tell her theres nothing wrong with the guitar i only wanted to exchange. but this is becoming less likely as the local managers have made claims that the guitar is 'badly damaged'

call cntr assures me, not to worry they can make the exchange. refund. no worries as i am within my 30 days to return. i ship back the guitar. its received. accounted for. then a week goes by.... nothing.

after my exchange never goes through, i asked if they would just cancel the order, as i need a suitable instrument for work and this should have been resolved quicker. I can get things faster from somewhere else.

suddenly the call cntr employee says everything has been canceled. and he adds "i see they canceled your order, and your refund"

so in plain english...

they authorized my return.
they dragged their feet on the exchange
when i opted for full refund they canceled everything. exchange - refund
they got the guitar back AND my money.

i asked the words no one wants to say...
"I'd like to speak with your manager, please"

a woman who claims to be an accounts manager for the GC Call cntr who might or might not be named Chelsea tells me, the "i'm so sorry for this mix up. for this delay. Yes we received the guitar, yes its accounted for. we'll have this refund processed today."

she speculates what "might have happened" Distribution Center may be backed up. since there was a cancellation, and refund, and another exchange they might have become confused"

i explained that her speculation was not the concern (or solution). The concern was that the return was accepted. Authorized received and a week had gone by and no notice of refund had been so much as even pending on my bank account.

then she asked me 'can you hold for just a minute'

Can you hold for just a minute = over 60 minutes. Yes folks.... my call was at 60 minutes from start to finish.

she lets me know

Yes Guitar was received Exchange was still possible, or refund. I opted for refund. She had to 'wait and see'

I received a phone call two hours later from a man who may... or may not be named Nix. and he might or might not work as a supervisor at the call center involving returns at the Call Center.

this really blew my mind. He tells me they want to keep..... $400 as a restocking fee.

I was stunned. I told him this was unacceptable and in no way was I taking this. NiX followed this statement up by informing me, "the guitar is damaged according to the guitar center notes." He wanted $400. If i didn't agree to his terms of this return, then they were going to ship the guitar back to me.

I informed him that too was unacceptable. That I would not receive an instrument that was returned to them in good condition, in good faith, within the allowed time frame and raised a concern that a restocking fee that was $400 is simply insane.

He then said they will ship the guitar back to me.
I told him I would not accept that.

Nix told me he would lower the amount of this restocking fee to $250.
This too was not acceptable.

Nix told me he would allow for a refund for a restock fee of $200.

I was just silent.

Logically speaking here.... if there is a violation of policy. then the matter is not negotiable. if there was a restock fee then you can't negotiate it. It is what it is. So for the 'restock fee' to go from 450 to 200 in less than 10 seconds was proof that these Guitar Center employees were extorting money because i would rather take my business elsewhere. One can't change policy just because they feel like it. Thus to invent a number like $400 and tell a customer 'take this financial loss or else' is downright wrong.

My bank, have been incredibly cool about this. my local banker in town has been informed of all of this and has agreed to step in on my behalf and make good on a guaranteed purchase backed by them.

as for guitar center. F**K them. and F**K Musicians Friend, and All their other side jobs. they will never see any of my business again.

if you choose to deal with this company, perhaps you wont have this experience, however this amounted to extortion and does not endear me to their bull.sh!t. again. I will NEVER give them another dime.

buyer beware
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:04:26 PM by GTRCNTRVICTIM » Logged
GCrocks

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:12:31 PM »

I know you must be kidding here. Buying a few thousand dollar guitar and then wanting to return it, or like you said exchange it. You never said why you wanted to exchange the guitar.  I think its fair for the GC store manager to say you used it and just wanted to test it out. ABuse of the return policy and you were caught... End of story...
GuitarCenterRipsYouOff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »

I know you must be kidding here. Buying a few thousand dollar guitar and then wanting to return it, or like you said exchange it. You never said why you wanted to exchange the guitar.  I think its fair for the GC store manager to say you used it and just wanted to test it out. ABuse of the return policy and you were caught... End of story...

hey there company man....  Glad to know you Guitar Center office types are reading these forums. and really good to know how you feel when customers have a gripe that is at odds with how you really treat people.

according to your overlords policy...

"Our goal is your total satisfaction.

If you're not satisfied, neither are we. If for any reason you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return it in its original condition within 30 days of purchase (see exceptions below) and we'll give you a full refund. It's that simple."

a reason for a return isn't a stores concern. its the concern of the customer.

abuse of return policy? that would imply that at some point abuse had occurred or malicious activity on the part of the customer. repeated returns over a period of time... but nope.

Guitar Center on the whole is sinking. The company is in major debt. Thus they will do everything they can to save every dime, including tactics as the one described in the OP.

if they treat customers this way... another concern is how they treat their own employees. it speaks volumes.

again, glad to see you guys are reading.

my mission accomplished. and lastly, The Bank DID step in and force Guitar Centers hand for a full refund.

Grin
GCrocks

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 04:13:22 AM »

Did you buy another guitar? No..  Or did you test drive it at GC then bought it somewhere else?Huh Deal with this all day long.. Guys buy online, then want to return it, because the Gold in the GoldTop isn't so Gold...   waste of time dealing with people like you...  can spot a returner a mile away,
GuitarCenterRipsYouOff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 05:17:48 AM »

Dear Company Man...

I win.

end of story

Grin,

Leftwithasmile

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 10:29:48 PM »

Hey MR. GCrocks........ I would be careful of posting on sites like these! Whether or not you are speaking positively or negatively, Guitar Center has specific policies that state you are NOT to speak about them on websites. They can term you without explanation. Don't you think they might keep an eye on this site?? Do they still rock?
thegreatgazoo2

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 07:04:07 AM »

So GC****, I mean GCrocks (just threw up in my mouth a little), exactly how long ago did you get promoted to AM?
Two months?
Give it a year and come back...
We'll let you change your screen name then, tough guy.
GCrocks

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 04:08:08 PM »

i don't think so.  gfnow go back to scooping ice cream at the fair...
thegreatgazoo2

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 05:59:23 PM »

i don't think so.  gfnow go back to scooping ice cream at the fair...

sigh... how typically GC juvenile.
Your childish arrogance is exactly why you think working in retail is akin to a real job.
I bet you tell people you're in the "music business," right? lol.

Your berating of a customer who got on here to vent their frustrations with your sad, unprofessional corporation is business as usual for a GC employee.
You have nothing to add to the conversation, can't refute any of the other claims made on this site, so you blame the customer and act like an arrogant jagoff.
Basically, you are the caricature of everything wrong with GC in a few short sentences.
You're actually so bad at it that I'd almost assume you were some bored, unaffiliated troll, if I didn't truly understand the level of douche that exists at that company.

Now, go back to selling a PC or PG or whatever they are calling the shackle they have tied around your nutsack these days.
Grown ups are talking.
Slylock Fox

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 09:27:39 PM »

Mr.  Gazoo:  I applaud you sir.  Too many GC employees do need to be put in there place, I'll agree with that one.  Just know that there are a very few number of employees of that company who truly care about doing the right thing.

GCrocks, Guitar Center does have policies about what the employees of the company say and do on public forums.  Perhaps you should stop picking and choosing what you think you should follow as far as the rules are concerned when it comes to harassing a customer who has every right to say what he feels.

Guitar Center is a dictatorship, GCrocks.  You do not have that same benefit.  Now roll your keys in the safe and GTFO.
SalesAss
Super Duper Mega Rock Star Type Person and Defender of Mulletude.
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 11:48:33 PM »

Yeah...  I hate returns/echanges in general,  but stuff does break and it's NOT MY FAULT.

I had a very valuable Gibson guitar I bought at an Indie store.   On that stuff,  they sell below MAP sometimes,  and it's All Sales Final.   I know that.    Anyway,  I had a knob/pot go back in my first week.    Doh.   All Sales Final....     The indie store paid the freight to have it repaired.   That was fair.

Sorry you got hosed by GC.   If any of us can turn you on to any regional music store that's fair,  we'd like to help.   I know a few in my region,  but I'd need to know your region.   We can do that kind of thing by P.M...  as to keep it a private matter.

I fortunately have a great Gibson/Epiphone source,   a Great drum source...   and there's always the Non-GC mail order firms like Cascio, ZZounds, and Sweetwater.

MusicToyz is a great place for stomp boxes!

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
GCrocks

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »

I'm always on the watch for the following:

1. The Returner!
2. The Grinder!
3. The Wanker!
4. The Time Bandit!
5. The Drunk!

Once you understand who these creatures are, you will have a better day. Its like a fantasy roll playing game Dungens and Dragons,. If you are prepared for battle, you will win, if not,they will suck the life out of you.
For all of you who complain about GC, these are the customers who ruin it for all.
thegreatgazoo2

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 06:41:51 PM »

At GC, I'd always be on the watch for the following:

1. The Douche (roughly 90% fall into this category, in addition to others)
2. The "Rockstar" or, alternatively, The "Bro"  (Most often a manager, thereby causing exponential reproduction of itself in the workforce)
3. The FNG (or approximately 60% of the workforce on any given day)
4. The Company Man (The kind of douche that blames customers instead of themselves)
5. The Drunk (Also, most often a manager, and self reproducing via hiring choices)

For all of us that complain about GC, these are the employees that ruin it for all.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:44:34 PM by thegreatgazoo2 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: