Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wow. When even Behringer thinks you're too risky...  (Read 5775 times)
thegreatgazoo2

View Profile Email
« on: June 10, 2014, 01:26:42 AM »

http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/read/behringer-takes-swipe-at-guitar-center-in-tit-for-tat-row/018894

GC got dumped from Behringer and tried to turn the tables with a "no we broke up with them first" press release to save face.
Nice try, but:

"However, Behringer yesterday hit back with a statement of his own, citing Guitar Center’s credit rating as one of the reason’s for putting business with the company on hold.
The statement said: “We were surprised by a recent public statement issued by Guitar Center. Over the last year, due to GC’s highly publicised financial situation, we were forced to evaluate their credit worthiness. As a result of their credit rating, it was determined that they were a high risk and we were forced to put them on business hold. We certainly respect GC’s decision to discontinue business with us and we thank them for our excellent 20-year relationship.”

Exactly how bad does your business have to be when Behringer is worried you'll make THEM look bad, lol...
SalesAss
Super Duper Mega Rock Star Type Person and Defender of Mulletude.
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 05:38:26 PM »

It's interesting to watch the meltdown....

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
hitekrednek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 06:30:56 AM »

behringer sucks ass dude....  shoty cheapass china made crap that we took a **** load of returns on all the time!!  we jumped for joy when they told us... 
thegreatgazoo2

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 08:08:09 PM »

behringer sucks ass dude....  shoty cheapass china made crap that we took a **** load of returns on all the time!!  we jumped for joy when they told us... 

Yep.  Behringer is cheap stuff made in china.  Not debating that.
Of course, you could also walk around your store and make a list of what else GC sells that is made in china.. see you in a few weeks.
While Behringer might be cheap, it filled a niche that customers needed, customers that might also come back once it no longer was enough (or, yes, possibly broke) and buy something else.  As I recall, it also made pretty damn good GP, too.

So, the point is, GC could not pay its bills to one of the cheapest, most profitable vendors it had, and the relationship was severed because Behringer didn't trust GC to pay its bills(not GC, no matter how many puff pieces they pay to get music retail mag to write indicating otherwise).

Now Fender is basically trying to avoid a total panic and meltdown of the market by likely moving to selling direct.
They could have gone the same route as Behringer, but GC would have basically immediately imploded. 
But, the result will be the same.
hitekrednek

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 06:25:51 AM »

i do agree with you on several points.  However, there are other brands that filled the lower end gap that behringer left, so the corporate gods will still make their money...  also, GP doesn't even matter now because of phase 3 (which sux monkey balls by the way)...  no living wage here, just a ordinary job where they want way more work and focus than they are willing to pay for...  so for me, i'm just riding the wave and see if i can get more hours (due to people leaving), and hopefully my power won't get cut off like a few of my co-workers...
SalesAss
Super Duper Mega Rock Star Type Person and Defender of Mulletude.
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 07:40:12 PM »

I've read about Fender Direct........   I'm not a Fender Guitar fan...  but I like the 60's era amps...  which I pretty much have to build from a kit if I want a "Real"  one.    Musical Mega-Marts in general aren't doing so hot.    I wonder how SamAsh is doing?    I don't love Sam's,  but I don't loathe the place.

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: