Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Phase 3 Delayed.  (Read 4790 times)
growsoggy
« on: July 13, 2014, 08:25:09 AM »

Long time lurker, first time poster. Phase 3 will be delayed till next year.  Word on the street is that most phase 3 stores had a significant drop in sales since going active. 
I'm curious how the news was received in other stores?  Went over like a fart in a church in mine.
Porky
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 01:03:28 AM »

the dead horse need not be overly tenderized, procrastination.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:21:53 AM by Porky » Logged
drummerdude182

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 05:37:49 PM »

**** phase 3. GC gets sued for not paying workers overtime and lunch breaks. Now they are getting sued for not negotiating. I support the workers and whatever their demands are.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/05/guitar-center-union_n_5652157.html
hitekrednek

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 06:23:04 AM »

not to sure about it being delayed, but i can tell you that in our store, we all got the shaft!  i guess they are going to pay down that huge debt by paying everyone total **** wages!  when you hear about phase 3 coming, my advice is RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   of course in my store none of us give a **** about sales now because we get paid the same either way and forget about pc's...  they offer such a low percentage, it's just easier to ring it up and get on with what ever other mundane task they have you doing, like merch/backstock,pops, or any other walmartesk task.  it seems they could care less about your knowledge and sales ability, just to turn the quick sale and they promise you a review/raise in a year!!  REALLY!!??  A YEAR!!!???  sO, unless you live at home with mom and dad, you'd better be looking for something else, cause all they're going to have working for them by next year is just a bunch of kids who know nothing about the products they're selling!!!  Oh Yeah...  When your mgr meets with you for your new hourly rate, you don't even get a jar of valseline!  Enjoy it, cause we ALL hate it! 
dontjustbitch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 10:50:16 PM »

I am a former GC worker, 7+ years, and I now work with one of the union stores, trying to help them secure a contract. I can tell you that Phase 3 was just a ploy to discourage more stores from organizing. Prior to organized stores, wages only decreased, year after year. Suddenly, when Manhattan organized, GC is talking about raises. God... could you be any more transparent? The biggest failure of Phase 3 is that there is no incentive to sell, and make more money if you do well at selling. We tried to make this as clear as possible to corporate at contract negotiations, and they treated us like idiots. Well, who's laughing now!?
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: