Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: So about those union shops...  (Read 3527 times)
dontjustbitch

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2014, 11:07:40 PM »

Yeah, they still exist. However, GC is pulling out all the stops to prevent a fair contract from being inked. Surprise! Phase 3 was a farce, but it stopped more stores from organizing, so I guess that worked to an extent. Here is the kicker though, the union shops are getting fed up with GC's tactics of ignoring the law and delaying collective bargaining. Chicago just petitioned the company to **** or get off the pot, with more support on the petition than they had when initially voted to unionize. So in short, after a year of paying high powered attorneys at Jackson Lewis to bust up the unions, the union at Chicago has only grown in support. If more stores continue to organize (and they are), GC will have to comply, or they will simply go broke paying Jackson Lewis to keep busting up a growing movement. Down with corporate fascism!
http://laborpress.org/sectors/union-retail/4284-butting-heads-with-foot-dragging-union-busters
terror
Always Right, Never Wrong.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 06:57:53 AM »

Are you with the Union?  If so, I and my whole store, basically, have questions regarding how to go about this in a right to work state.

Don't hurt 'em Terror....they're so small and you're so big...
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: