Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Surprised there's little value in.....  (Read 7573 times)
SalesAss
Super Duper Mega Rock Star Type Person and Defender of Mulletude.
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 20, 2011, 05:56:10 AM »

70's/80's Peavey.  Everyone I've come across is built like a tank,  and doesn't sell for an outrageous price.   Nice to have US made stuff without breaking the bank.   

The guitars, the amps, the basses..  all working man's babies...  tough,  play well, sound good...     is Peavey still on this kind of course,  Havn't checked any new stuff.

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
terror
Always Right, Never Wrong.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 09:22:34 AM »

Not really so much these days.  Mostly made in China now. For Kids by Kids. 70's and 80's is where it's at---good, solid American stuff for reasonably low prices.

Don't hurt 'em Terror....they're so small and you're so big...
SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:15:48 AM »

Hopefully I can come across a T-60 in natural finish.   If the price is right, it'll be a nice guitar to rock out on....

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
terror
Always Right, Never Wrong.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:32:53 AM »

Did they come in anything other than natural?!  Maybe black?  Most people think the T-60 was saddled with that designation because it had 6 strings (as opposed to the T-40 with 4 strings) but---in reality---it was called that because the prototype weighed 60 pounds. 

Don't hurt 'em Terror....they're so small and you're so big...
SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 04:17:12 AM »

Yeah..  I'll grant you the weight..... they are hefty,  but so are many other guitars..... I'm not a midget,  I can sling one.

DeadKoby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 05:36:20 AM »

George Tabb,  one of my favorite artists plays a t-60...  he rocks that thing.
SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 04:37:33 AM »

Other than the weight,  there's nothing I can dog the T-40 on...  it's one tough bass.. and it sounds great too.   I picked it up cheap enough, and it will easily last through my usage, and likely my boy's too.

SalesAss
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 08:53:33 AM »

I give it props for durability... I think it sounds good with extra fat strings.  There's better yeah,  but as a working man's bass,  it works pretty well.

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: