Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gibson makes sure that Epi's are below them  (Read 2939 times)
Jazz_box

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2014, 01:11:29 AM »

Back in the glory days of jazz music (the 40's & 50's) Epiphones were as good or better than Gibsons. We all know that Gibson bought out Epiphone and cheapened the quality of their competitor. Today, GC advertises the lower cost guitars along side the so-called good guitars which cost much, much more. I've owned 3 different Gibsons, but I refuse to keep playing games with the prices. GC is trying to make fools out of us guitarists by placing so many lower quality guitars within reach. Your thoughts?
Jazz_box

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 03:26:13 AM »

I suppose my gripe is more with Gibson than with GC. It seems as though Gibson wants you to believe that you can only get a superior instrument by paying a premium.
SalesAss
Super Duper Mega Rock Star Type Person and Defender of Mulletude.
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 10:22:58 PM »

One of my friends is an independent Gibson/Epi dealer.   He hand picks the Gibson stock in the store.   There is NO place in this part of the state that has nicer Gibson guitars than his store.

Mind you,  you aren't able to go to his shop and pick up a Gibson...   you need to ask first...  The Epi's are in reach,  but with a sign stating please ask.   It's about preventing damage to the guitars in this case.    I've never seen anyone get denied when asking to try a guitar at that shop.    They may have been asked to remove a coat... or something that could scratch the finish....    But you ask,  have a seat... and the owner takes it from the wall and tunes it for you...    No complaints with that.

Damaged/blemished guitars are a hallmark of Guitar center.... 

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
Ladygrim

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 06:51:32 PM »

Ehhhhh.....no matter what the USA made products will always hold to a higher standard. Chinese hardware is cheap....the wood is cheap...the electronics are cheap.... they're just the cheapest, which is why more companies mass produce there. I've picked up some Epis that really surprised me....and it did just that. Why did it surprise me? Because usually the don't feel anywhere near as good as the fathers - Gibson. However, I have also picked up some LPs that straight up annoyed me with finish flaws and poor fret jobs/neck issues. If you're buying a Gibson that should never happen.

No one is trying to make you look like a fool, Lol. Higher price, higher height. I mean, do you want everyone touching the LP Standard you're shelling out 3k for? Thats whay I put the Gibsons high. Let finger traffic.
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: