Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Attention: Phase 3 Stores  (Read 7743 times)
iHate

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2014, 08:04:53 AM »

Could you please tell us:
1. Your hourly wage now that you do not have to fade nor do you get commission (besides PC).
2. Your position and main department
3. Your average gp per month
4. Honest thoughts on phase 3

Sincerely,
iHate
terror
Always Right, Never Wrong.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 08:25:44 AM »

I wonder how they are going to go about removing the Phase 3 benefits now that Pratt is gone and that lost money needs to be made back. 

Don't hurt 'em Terror....they're so small and you're so big...
phase4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »

I'm not in a Phase 3 store, but it was clear Phase 3 was dead when they put it on 'temporary hold' to 'tweak' it. I don't have an MBA, but I knew the minute they announced Phase 3 that sales would go down. If you take away commission and the employee gets paid the same no matter how much he sells, what did they think was gonna happen?

Clowns are running this company. Have you ever spoken to Kaz? Watched any of his videos to the employees? Do any of you have a DM or RVP who wouldn't be delivering pizza's if he wasn't with GC?

It's maddening to constantly watch these clowns destroy a company that really should be a decent place to work for a lot of us.
SnRvr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 06:43:14 AM »

Pratt made money this year by cannibalizing (cashing out) inventory on the guitar walls. Stock selection has been reduced by more than 30%. Guitars used to run to the ceiling in every store. Pratt, formerly CEO of Best buy decided he wanted big screen TV's up there instead. Too bad GC doesn't sell TV's. Many stores have a good selection now.

So Pratt's out, along with the former marketing genius from Sears, and Pratt's replacement.... used to run Joann's Fabrics. Maybe it's curtains for GC.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:09:22 AM by SnRvr » Logged
SnRvr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 07:07:57 AM »

Wait, there's more. The previous Sears marketing guy was replaced with Michael Amkreutz on 11-18.  Amkreutz coincidentally also worked at Sears. Has it occurred to anyone at Bain how many stores Sears has closed in the last 20 years? 
terror
Always Right, Never Wrong.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 06:25:04 AM »

I think the whole thing was to block the idea of unionization and went away when the talk of unionization chilled out.  "You guys don't need the union...look how good we're gonna start treating you".  Etc. and so on.  I also wonder what the new folks will come up with when people start to think about unionization again. 
www.rwdsu.com
Worth contacting even if just for the info.  I did.  Nice people.

Don't hurt 'em Terror....they're so small and you're so big...
phase4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 05:26:04 PM »

Yes, they were really shaken by the union successes. Unfortunately, they were successful in getting the union out of Manhattan with the Phase 3 promises. I hope this current about-face will piss off enough people and give the union an opening.
thegreatgazoo2

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 07:42:56 PM »

Clowns are running this company. Have you ever spoken to Kaz? Watched any of his videos to the employees? Do any of you have a DM or RVP who wouldn't be delivering pizza's if he wasn't with GC?

OMG, Kaz still has a job?
Here's a guy who made it up the ranks via cocaine alone.
Completely unqualified for the job, as were most (if not all) everyone who reported to him when I was there.
And didn't his boss get fired for stealing?

Man, I have some sick stories of the bad behavior of DSMs... and I wouldn't pay a single one of them to deliver my pizza, they're just that incompetent.
phase4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 11:02:08 PM »

OMG, Kaz still has a job?
Here's a guy who made it up the ranks via cocaine alone.
Completely unqualified for the job, as were most (if not all) everyone who reported to him when I was there.

Not only does Kaz still have a job, he is 'Vice President of Stores.' He is in charge of running all the stores in the chain and he reports to the CEO.

You clearly knew him because you described him perfectly. Unfortunately, there were many like him and they all seem to continue to get prompted.

I hope this new CEO can recognize a clown when he sees one, but he probably wouldn't have taken the job if he could.
thegreatgazoo2

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 09:58:21 PM »

Here's exactly how bad he is at playing the corporate game.  
A simple google of his name and you have access to company numbers and stats in a ****ty Prezi he obviously threw together based on the number of lousy "inspirational" quotes he included in it.
https://prezi.com/22mjfyumbxy1/last-time-we-met/
How much does he get paid to be this incompetent, I wonder?
I'd be shocked if he has a bachelor's degree.
Once, he showed up like 3 hours late for his own presentation at a regional conference, and obviously still slightly drunk.
But, hey, we all know all you need to move up at GC is a bunch of generic bro/cali/surfer speak, and a good blow hookup.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:04:12 PM by thegreatgazoo2 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: