Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Don't Trust Guitar Center  (Read 4550 times)
reftdee

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2015, 11:20:05 PM »

A bunch of years ago, I made the mistake of buying something from Guitar Center.

They had an acoustic guitar (Gretsch) in the exact model I was looking for online at a very good price.

So, for some dumb reason, I didn't mind buying the guitar through Guitar Center because it was online.

The pics looked good, and it was the exact model I wanted, and it was a good year (older ones are built much better) so I bought it...

I noticed something odd about the base of the neck when I got it, but I was in denial and never admitted that something was up (stupid me) because it looked like something was up but it was hidden by the pickguard..

Recently (years later) I took off the glued-on Gretsch pickguard to give the guitar a different look and I saw a gaping open crack on the guitar body, right near where the base of the fretboard meets the body, and I also saw a bunch of dried-ass crazy glue or something that they probably put there to make it not noticeable and to keep the pickguard on it tight.

I always knew something was up with the guitar at that area. It always looked warped or bent, now I know what it was.

So, I really am pissed at them, and I'm just saying don't trust this company.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:47:05 PM by reftdee » Logged
SalesAss
Super Duper Mega Rock Star Type Person and Defender of Mulletude.
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 05:54:55 AM »

I am always leery of mail order anything.... within reason.   I don't have a good source for Rickenbacker within an 1-2 hour drive from me.. other than a SamAsh that may or may not have any in the store at all.

So recently I bought a Ric from 1 state away...  an Indie dealer that carried decent stock,  and communicated well.   My instrument arrived safely and ready to rock.

Many indie dealers care.  It's about repeat business.   Even though these guys are 1 state away,  I may very well drive out and visit them sometime.  It'd take me a few hours,  but why not... they were really cool to deal with.

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
Harriettkip
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 10:32:23 AM »

Six months ago we were talking about Guitar Center going under.  There is a grand opening tomorrow for a new store in Cary, NC...
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: