Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I never thought a guitar shop could suck this much  (Read 987 times)
Neverknew

View Profile Email
« on: April 15, 2018, 01:17:30 AM »

Looking for a new bass.   Trying to look around for different scale lengths, shapes and stuff. Not a lot of guitar shops in the area, but there's a guitar center I never went to.   I have never seen a lousier selection of gear in my life. The place was filthy too.  I'd rather Play a 2x4 with rusty nails for tuners than that selection of 200 dollar trash.   Online here I come.  And thank you guitar center sucks!   You don't suck!
SalesAss
Super Duper Mega Rock Star Type Person and Defender of Mulletude.
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 07:16:15 AM »

Fortunately, with the power of the Internet,  I was able to find a number of nice indie dealers to work with.  There's some pretty strong indie stores out there,  don't give up hope!

Online buying is fine,  but check first,  since Guitar Center owns at least 4 major online shops.

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
ElroyD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 06:33:48 PM »

Man, I had no idea Guitar Center holds that much of the online market as well. Seems like they're everywhere...
NeverKnew2

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 08:06:44 PM »

Can you share what shops they own?  I ended up buying my bass online from a shop in Missouri that I knew was local, but it's also got me in a gear buying mood.  As I look at pedals and stuff, I really want to support the shops where the guys love the music and support their local scene.
SalesAss
Super Duper Mega Rock Star Type Person and Defender of Mulletude.
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 05:29:48 PM »

Here's a number of indie stores I am aware of that are NOT GC related.

zzounds.com
interstatemusic.com
nstuffmusic.com
sweetwater.com

All of these guys sell online.

Guitar Center Sucks...  It has for a long time, and keeps sucking more day after day.
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: